Skip to main content

What I want to learn from TINST 475

Finishing up my senior year, the one thing I am looking forward to most is going out into the field and getting a job, which happens to be a little contradictory to this course since it's about starting your own business and all the things you need to know. However, I still want to learn a lot of new things from this class because I don't see myself working 9-5 jobs for the rest of my life. At some point, maybe few years down the line, when I have little more financial freedom I would like to start my own company. The idea for my company is something I haven't thought of yet and the domain of it will probably be vastly different by the time I am ready to take the initiative, so for now I want to learn the management/economic aspect of running a business.

  • One of the biggest questions that come to my mind when I think of running a company is how do you handle growth? I don't think it's possible to predict the growth and scale of your company when you are still in the planning stage. Which brings up this question on how to deal with growth if your company all of a sudden blows up and does really well
  • I would also like to learn about the legal issues and obligations of running a company. What are some common issues you could run into legally as a company owner and how to handle them
  • Having almost no experience filing taxes or running a business, the other day I learned in class that if you are a sole owner of a LLC, taxes are much higher compared to having partners in your business. Which got me thinking what are other business tricks that entrepreneurs use so that they don't lose all their profits in taxes
Summing it all up, I hope to get a better understanding of legal and economic issues as an entrepreneur by the end of this class.

Comments