Skip to main content

Guest Speaker 4: John Dimmer

I wasn't able to attend the class on the day we had John Dimmer as a guest speaker, however I had my friend record the lecture and send it to me after the class so I caught up on it later that day. From the recording, I learned that John Dimmer is an entrepreneur who also worked at Free Range Media with Andrew Fry and helped create multiple businesses around the country. John Dimmer wasn't there initially when Free Range Media was founded but he joined later after FRR was a going concern.
It was nice hearing the about John's journey from high school till here because we have already heard Mr. Fry's side of the story on the first day of class, and now hearing it from John's perspective helped put it all together. He want to high school with Mr. Fry back in the day and his dad helped pave the Entrepreneurship way for both of them. He graduated with a degree in finance and worked in the industry for a few years.
During the John's talk it was obvious that these two have known each other for a very long time and were good friends. This made me think about becoming business partners with someone that you know so well compared to someone that you don't know as much and the relationship is only limited to business. In retrospect I am sure it seemed like a good idea for Andrew and John to be business partners for Free Range Media, however I know a lot of people usually say that you should leave family and friends out of business. I think it strictly depends on the individuals and if they have the right entrepreneur mindset, with a mutual understanding that business is nothing personal and not to hold grudges if it doesn't work out.

Comments