Skip to main content

Protecting my IP

Initially I was really confused about the difference between Patents, Copyright, Trademarks, and Trade secrets, but after earlier lecture I feel very comfortable with it. Having an IP is very crucial to a company because company name, logo, or a slogan because it is what identifies a product and is also a big factor in driving sales for the company. It is crazy how Nike programmed our brain to recognize the brand by a very simple curved check mark. Being one of the most recognized logo, it has become more than just that and almost a status symbol or proof of good quality in sports industry.
I plan on protecting my brand name, slogan, and logo using copyrights. It is very important to protect the brand name so that no spiteful individual can register a company with a similar name and use it to tarnish my brand name. It could cause a huge PR disaster, and is best if all the similar domain names to my company name are also registered.
I also plan on using copyrights for our slogan "Eat, Sleep, Game, Repeat" because it is very important to the brand name and I plan on turning it into a culture slogan that will be linked to the Game & Repeat Cafe. I have not yet designed a logo but I plan on using something unique that could also become face of the company, along with the slogan. I understand there are some complications when registering for a copyright, so I am hoping there isn't a conflict when trying to copyright my slogan as it uses heavy reference from a popular song "Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat".

Comments